1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your strategy for gaining fans?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by RPicard, Mar 25, 2010.

I'm interested to see what other people use to increase their fan numbers when the page isn't viral by nature. I have a couple of relatively popular pages but nothing over 1000. What type of posts do you make to encourage your users to share the page with their friends, or however you may do it?

RPicard, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  2. april05

april05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you need fans for affiliate site purposes? I have read an ebook called 15,000 unique visitors from Adam of Warriorforum. You can google it and download it free for free. It explains how to garner fans virally!

april05, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  3. SubmissionFC

SubmissionFC Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone tried the method of simply making a couple random facebook accounts and adding a million people then simply suggesting them to the fan page?

SubmissionFC, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  4. sunrise135

sunrise135 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can provide useful information on your pages. Or just provide people needed. Why not try to add some more interesting content in your pages.

sunrise135, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  5. liciniusjack

liciniusjack Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I have not plan about gaining fans. Because neither I have any celebrity background nor I have any such interest in making fans. But yes, if you talk me about getting friends then I may help you out. generally whenever I met to a person, I become quite interactive and try to know about that person. I have a hell lot of friends.

liciniusjack, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  6. cache

cache Peon

Best Answers:
    googled but did not find it, do you care to share the link? Thanks in advance.

cache, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  7. Namjies

Namjies Peon

Best Answers:
    Got an answer: Facebook ads
    Not free, but spam free

Ain't too costy. 1-5 cents per fan max and you can get some variety in the english speaking countries.

Namjies, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  8. RPicard

RPicard Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmn, I didn't realize you could pay per fan. I might give that a try once I have a little money to spend.

RPicard, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  9. Namjies

Namjies Peon

Best Answers:
    you can't pay per fan, but an ad made FOR the page by a page admin has a become a fan button. I usually get a 25-100% conversion rate per click 25% for bad day, usually around 60-70%, and some lucky days, 100%.

If you pay 1-3 cents per clicks, that makes up for around 1-5 cents per fan. It's cost effective to get a page started. With 10 fans, even if you post lots of updates, it's hard to grow. With a few hundreds, it starts to get easier.

Namjies, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  10. HonestHost

HonestHost Guest

Best Answers:
    Just invite friends of friends and organize them into lists and then invite by lists

HonestHost, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  11. mattschmoldt

mattschmoldt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hadn't thought about paying for fans - may keep it in my pocket for a day when I have more money :)

mattschmoldt, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  12. MaverickGuy

MaverickGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    I find a lot of people that are on email add lists in facebooks are spammers or fake accounts..kind of like twitter with automated followers

MaverickGuy, Apr 5, 2010 IP