1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When Dealing With Freelancers, What Are Some of The Problems You Face?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by QuickLance Designs, Apr 4, 2014.

I was thinking about creating mobile app that allowed businesses and freelancers to speed up their time when it came to getting freelance work done, faster.

Throughout the end of session, the freelancer would submit the work to the client through the app, the client would see it. The client would suggest some revisions and the freelancer could get done with the web design faster.

I wanted to know if this is something that you would want.

Sincerely,
    Evan Wilder

QuickLance Designs, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think that freelancers might be interested in such an app, especially the ones who always end up waiting for their client's feedback, materials, etc. I don't see buyers lining up for the app as they will only need it if the freelancer uses it. And, to be honest, I am not sure how many buyers will agree to download the app even if a freelancer requests them to.

The project deliverables also need to be suited to delivery and acceptance via a mobile platform. Some graphics, models, etc., need to be examined in more detail. As with all apps/websites, the financial model will be tricky, too.

jrbiz, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  3. QuickLance Designs

QuickLance Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

Maybe if it could be downloaded from the freelancer to the client - in a way that can be transferred.

QuickLance Designs, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  4. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simple question - which kind of work is solely done on a mobile phone (and android? ios? windows phone) and then only received via mobile app?

I'd guess the market is small to non existant. For the part of the market that does exist, there are already a bunch of really heavy soluitions out there, with mobile and web clients. Given that your area seems to be design and maybe you just want to play around a bit, you could think about something small and nice which helps the process - think like a twitter / update board.

If you connect with services like dropbox for synchronisation you could also tap into some of the PR chances this would provide.

All in all I think you would be better off studying the leaders in this category who have api's and think about nifty additions to those tools, the small things lacking which the service will not provide but people happily will pay for. Either way - any "mobile only" version is wasting most of the market, it should be at least have a simple web version as well.

nixande, Apr 18, 2014 IP