1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When Will I be Profitable

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rdogg, Dec 1, 2012.

Ok so I started an online magazine in may but I only published 20 articles but I have recently gone full scale publishing (4 articles a week). I have even paid a professional to write an article for me.

I currently get around 40 visits daily and 500UV monthly.

My future hopes for the site to make money by private ads, cpm and adsense.

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #F5F5F5"]The site currently has 20 articles of which 10 or so are on the first page of google.

I plan to monetize by private advertising and adsense later when I reach higher traffic and readership levels.

If I continue to add quality content steadily that are SEO will my traffic increase ?

My short term goal is 1000 UV DAILY

Then 10,000 100,000 and finally 1,000,000

The site has a twitter and facebook page with 112 followers and 6 likes respectively.

I just need some closure that if I keep adding quality content my traffic will increase.

My current costs are hosting and I recently started paying 20-50$ for 1000 word articles

Just wondering how long it could take to reach 1000 UV daily and how much I can make advertising to them.

I just need to turnover some $$$ to reinvest into the business
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

rdogg, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  2. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    are you already advertising and did you start building links and all this?

Sensei.Design, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  3. rdogg

rdogg Peon

Best Answers:
    No i plan on advertising once I reach 5000+ daily pageviews

rdogg, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  4. rdogg

rdogg Peon

Best Answers:
    I have articles from ezine pointing back to my site and dofollow blog comments

rdogg, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  5. angel_mraz1023

angel_mraz1023 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi rdogg! Learn more about web traffic secrets for getting lots of traffic to your website, including SEO strategies, SEM, PPC, Facebook Ads and media buying here: marketingforthepeople.com.

angel_mraz1023, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  6. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To make huge money you need lots of traffic and you get real traffic here is what i suggest;

1. Offer some of great value and better than your competitors.
    2. Aim for high quality, content and SEO.
    3. Get the word out about your business, these is necessary especially at this infant stage. Even fiverr still advertise on Google PPC why can't small business owners find similar and great places to advertise.
    4. Sell ads on your site e.t.c
    5. Socialize with your site if you are not, tons of free visitors can be gotten quickly.

Kanonig, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  7. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The general purpose behind doing any business is to earn more profit from it and there are many businesses that can be easily done in the market.Also many business can be successfully done at online but there are many competition that we can see in the market.

gregortarquin, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  8. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your target is real big which 1000 UV per day which large different from you right now.
    With the ways you work now...I believe need atleast one years plus to hit the Unique Visitors unless you really able to rank well with the content .
    Content is king but SEO is not that easy which you need to put more time on it with onpage and offpage SEO .
    Once you get 1k UV , i believe you can start full time on that because it able to bring youto profitable if you able to turn it to conversion

JerrickYeoh, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  9. solot2r

solot2r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're at odds with what your purpose is - page views or profits? Focus on one or the other, because page views isn't that hard to get...making a profit is what's going to keep you going. Are you marketing to your target reading audience? Who would be your ideal readers and buyers? Unless money is spent by your readers, forget attracting advertisers. There's not a financial reason for them to bother.

Suggestion: Rethink your marketing plan. Where are the target readers for your magazine? What would entice them to read your magazine over another one in the same market? What kinds of articles are you writing, or having written? How focused is your magazine? These are strategic questions, tactics come after you get clear on strategy.

solot2r, Dec 10, 2012 IP