1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where/How to find Startup Capital?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sivric.marijan, Sep 11, 2012.

I'm starting a charity website like TheHungerSite but much better. Where can I find someone or some company that would like to fund this kind of website?

Thanks in advance!

sivric.marijan, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    what would you need to actually start it? what are you trying to build that is different from any others? When you say "much better" do you mean that a higher %% of donations goes direct to the people over the admin costs?

Maybe you could grab the domain name now, get wordpress and setup paypal and ask for donations to build the website that your after.

What about sites like "gofundme"?

matt_62, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  3. NormanAvila

NormanAvila Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably some investors would be interested in working with you, investing in your idea. Try to ask some entrepreneurs in your area, maybe they know someone. Other than that it's just about donations. If people don't seem to donate (because they don't know what they're donating for), try building some other small business to earn the funds necessary to launch your charity website.

NormanAvila, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  4. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid to talk with someone about my idea because it's unique and I don't want someone to steal my ideas. I have tried IndieGoGo and I got $0 from people.

sivric.marijan, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For this specific instance, I fail to see why your afraid others will steal your idea. If 1000 people take your idea, and work for nothing to start a charity that helps people, then you should be happy. If your genuinely motivated to help people (and your honest to admit the money earnt that you never planned to touch it), then why not contact an existing charity and mention them the idea for them to use themselves?

To be totally honest, i fail to see how your idea could be better or unique, theres thousands of charities to work for and if you dont have the skills or finances to create this site then perhaps you could just work for a charity and donate your time and money and ideas to them. I used to work for free at a charity, and if i was to start a charity of my own, i would actually speak to the other volunteers.

Have you ever worked in a charity or done charity work before? If so, speak to the people around you, mention your idea, they might know sponsors that you could present the idea to.

matt_62, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  6. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right man! :)

sivric.marijan, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  7. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Step 1: Prepare a business plan. The business plan introduces your company and makes a favorable impression on prospective investors. This is your chance to show the investors why your company represents an outstanding opportunity, better than any other ventures. Here you can present the reasons why your company will grow quickly and prevail against its competitors.
    Step 2: Prepare an executive summary of your business plan. The two- to four-page summary is your business plan in condensed form. Many investors prefer that you send the summary first.
    Step 3: Put together a list of prospective investors by researching who invests in your industry and geographic area, at what stages of development and their investment criteria. Targeting your search will save time and frustration.
    Step 4: Introduce your company to investors. Venture capital firms and angel groups have websites with information about the specific industry sectors each partner concentrates on. Select the partner that best matches your company. Email is increasingly used for the initial contact, but you may also send the executive summary by regular mail.
    Step 5: Meet with the investors. After the investors express interest, prepare a 30-minute presentation of the most important points in your business plan, in a computer slide show format. Rehearse the presentation until you are confident of your delivery.
    Step 6: Complete the transaction. If the investors decide to proceed, they will ask more questions about your company and conduct their own research to verify your claims about the company’s future prospects. Their opinion of you and your management team is critical. Show them that your team has the right combination of experience and skills to make this specific venture a winner.

jhardy2008, Sep 17, 2012 IP