1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to find good, cheap designers for company material

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Neill, Feb 3, 2015.

Dear all,

We are a new company looking for good quality logo and packaging designers for our tea company. We would like to start with our logo but do not have a big budget as we are a startup family run company looking to sell tea.

Can anyone recommend or point us in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Neill

Neill, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  2. peterpan888

peterpan888 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://99designs.com.au

Is a very good place if you have a budget under 2k

peterpan888, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  3. Dale Broman

Dale Broman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "Good" & "cheap" do not go hand-in-hand; you get what you pay for.

Dale Broman, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most people recognize their talent. And talented people understand that even though it may take them an HOUR to come up with an awesome design it actually took them years and years of experience and education to get to that level. They know their self-worth. Therefor Cheap and Quality very rarely go hand in hand.

If you are starting a company for profit than you probably are a serious business person and going to take your business serious, right? I believe your logo would be a good investment to have done right. Don't go cheap unless you want a cheap image (in more ways than one).

NetStar, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  5. Dale Broman

Dale Broman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ^ NetStar gets it. lol

I've worked with a company before that had a goofy little drawing as their logo for the longest time and their customers knew them by this undesired character that was now their brand and they couldn't shake it off/couldn't introduce a rebranding because that reputation was so strong and they reverted back to the old style. Just a forewarning that if you're going to do it right, do it right the first time and create a solid brand before a company expands. (Of course, it goes without saying that any legitimate company of any size/stage should have a branding in-place anyway.) Getting it taken care of early is essential to professional growth.

Not dissing 99designs or any other equivalent website -- but I am saying that good designs take time. Be warned that there's a lot of people (+ some "poser designers") that just want to get the job done and get paid, period. [Cheap.] On the other hand, some designers really take their time to work-out ideas and mold them into a good representation that is unique to what a company wants to communicate. Designers that do take years to perfect and sharpen those skills. [Good.]

My own creative process depends on the company and what it is they want to communicate, not "just make me a logo." Some ideas can come right away where others have taken weeks to get the one that's just right.

Dale Broman, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  6. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can post your job on freelance website and receive multiple bids from designers.

ablaye, Feb 9, 2015 IP