1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS for a Website That Does This...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by travoholic, Jun 21, 2009.

Hello all,

I have an idea for a site and want to get the CMS choice right from the get go so I don't run into problems later on. I have some experience with Wordpress and am open to using it for this idea but I'm not sure it will be able to do what I want.

There will be two types of users (lets call them user X and user Y), each with the ability to create a one page profile. The first, user X, will be able to upload one profile photo of themself and also enter information under various category headings. The second user type, user Y, will be able to upload about five photos as well as information but with different category headings.

As the user enters the site they will decide whether they want to register as user type X or Y and then fill in their relevent profile using drop down menus, radio buttons, check boxes and free text fields. There won't be any limit as to how many of each type of user there can be.

User X will be able to read all of the user Y profiles and submit reviews on them based on a set of predefined categories. User Y will be able to do the same for the profiles of user X. User X won't be able to rate the profiles of other user X people and user Y won't be able to rate other user Y profiles.

The site will be free for all users orginially but eventually I would like to introduce a paid system so that user X must pay to access the profiles of user Y. For user Y, adding profile pages and browsing user X profiles will remain free.

This all seems sort of confusing but here are the basics:

• two kinds of users (with me as an overall admin god)
    • two different types of profile pages (one for each kind of user)
    • one profile page per registered user
    • the ability for each user type to rate the other
    • the eventual introduction of a pay to view system for one of the user types

I would also like a search feature on the main page so that user X can enter search criteria to help them find appropriate user Y profiles. Plus I want to be able to include Google maps on user Y profiles but this is something I know how to do so just need to be able to add them myself later.

I have this all pretty clear in my head but no idea of how to pull it off so a point in the right direction would be great. Or if none of this makes any sense, please tell me and I will try to make things clearer.

Thanks!
    Kirsty

travoholic, Jun 21, 2009 IP