1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS for an industrial equipment website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by packaging-guy, Dec 2, 2012.

I've been trying to use the Chinese CMS I've been handed, and I think today was the last straw. The XML sitemap module doesn't work and we can't make sitemaps. So, any SEO is pretty useless. DEDE CMS, never use it.

I want to start over with a completely new CMS. But, which one to use? Our website is selling industrial packaging equipment. Machines cost $5,000-30,000 each. If I sell two machines per month with this website I will be doing quite well. It's not the typical web marketing job selling $39.95 items. We don't have a "buy now" button, we just want customers to contact us and then tell them pricing, delivery, etc. It's just a database of machinery with a search front end and a category scheme. Pretty simple, really. Descriptive text, photos, and customers who qualify can log in and view videos of the equipment in operation. However, we don't want everyone to see our equipment because competitors will copy us. We need English + Chinese on the administrative interface because people in the office need to add machinery, do backups, etc.

Which CMS would be best? I've used Joomla and Drupal before and wasn't really impressed by them. Are there any other free ones worth considering? I think I can convince our CEO to pay a couple hundred dollars for a quality CMS that suits our needs.

packaging-guy, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  2. Vindez

Vindez Active Member

Best Answers:
    try wordpress bro.. u can creat company profile easy..

Vindez, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  3. packaging-guy

packaging-guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh, it's a blog software...not really a CMS. I'll be putting thousands of products into the system as browsable categories.

packaging-guy, Dec 2, 2012 IP