1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS is good for a similar MySpace Idea?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Lhlalyam, Jan 16, 2008.

Hello Everyone.

I'm looking at developing a site for a niche market. This site will allow people to look at the idea... and if they are interested in the idea... they can sign up for their own web page to promote them self.

I am having trouble on choosing a CMS that will help with this. The site will need to have a paid membership and allow them to edit their own pages with images... page layout... personal video feeds... sound files... and so on....

Any ideas or tips from experience would greatly be appreciated!

Respects,

Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  2. FatKidUnleashed

FatKidUnleashed Banned

Best Answers:
    Boonex's Dolphin is free and is pretty simple to use. Haven't used it myself, but I've heard its the best free solution and I think it offers everything you're looking for.

boonex.com/products/dolphin/

FatKidUnleashed, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  3. Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks FKU! Interesting... First I've heard of this CMS... Just did some research after your post... and learned that Dolphin has quite a bit of bugs.

I'm familiar with Joomla and I've also heard that Drupal may allow me to do what I need also...

Does anyone have any other experiences with doing something similar with a CMS?

The idea is to sell a service and allow other people get involved by purchasing a membership. In turn... new members would get their own webpage to share that similar service but in their region or location. I hope that helps a bit more.

Respects,
    Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam, Jan 16, 2008 IP