1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS is great?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by georgytank, Mar 28, 2010.

Hello

Which CMS is good?

I heard people are saying alot about Expression Engine CMS.

Is it better to buy open source CMS or have a custom coded CMS. As i have known that Joomla, Drupal and such CMS are able to be hacked, and we have update always with new versions etc.

Also which CMS would allow, like we write a news in back end, And click post. It shows a SNIPPET of it on front page, with a link in to inner page with a full news article.

Please share your ideas.

georgytank, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could use Wordpress...it`s the best in my opinion.
    By the way, you have a big mistake in your post: "Is it better to buy open source" - open source means FREE

digital29, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  3. GreatQuality

GreatQuality Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all CMS can do that. If want to black use Wordpress for affinante website use Joomla, for more complex webesite use Drupal... I think you should find a good programmer/CMS expert and just tell him what to do... Because all this stuff that you are saying(all interface) are coded in CSS and Wordpress site can look like Joomla site and Joomla site can look like modern web2 site. You need to understand that were is no such thing as best CMS.

GreatQuality, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  4. wrestler66901

wrestler66901 Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is by far the easiest to use if you are not a programmer. It has won recent awards for CMS of the year in 2009. If you don't want to be held hostage by a programmer it's the way to go.

wrestler66901, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  5. georgytank

georgytank Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the hack and virus concerns to the site? I have heard the open source - free CMS are able to be hacked easily..

georgytank, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  6. wrestler66901

wrestler66901 Peon

Best Answers:
    Speaking only for WordPress, security can be handled without question using a few plugins to properly organize the structure of the files.

wrestler66901, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  7. MattChicago

MattChicago Peon

Best Answers:
    I use a advanced social media CMS system called Jamroom its very secure if you own a music related network the price for licensing and addons and features could be a bit pricey but depends on what all you want. They are pretty secure and not really hackable unless the person who owns the CMS system leaves files that are suppost to be deleted on the server.

MattChicago, Apr 1, 2010 IP