1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS Suits me

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ktutorials, Jun 5, 2007.

I need a CMS for my Friend's site..

Its abt Receipe... I am planning to use wordpress... but i need to get all comments also...

Mostly i prefer Free... But others can also be posted..

ktutorials, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  3. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would agree that Wordpress is a good pick, especially if you are just starting out. If you have some expertise in managing websites, then hosting WP on your own is an option. Otherwise, you can use their hosted option at wordpress.com.

One word of warning though. I recently updated to their latest 2.2. version for security reasons. This is a very rough release and I have found plenty of problems with this release. It is rather flakey to say the least, especially if you are upgrading from some prior theme. It is tough to recommend a prior release, since there are known security issues with those releases, but it is also difficult to recommend the most current release, because it may drive you a little crazy with the bugs. Another product that you may want to look at is ExpressionEngine, but this product definitely requires HTML and CSS expertise.

Rich

richrf, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  4. scribbz

scribbz Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally would suggest Website Baker for something such as this. Wordpress is blog software and needs considerable hoop jumping to make it look like something realistic, rather than something you just pulled from the web as a turnkey solution.

Website Baker comes with a full CMS system and to get comments on your blog just pull down the Guestbook module and change a few of the words in its wording file. You can see an example of this on my templates page in my sig. It works just fine =)

scribbz, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  5. ktutorials

ktutorials Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot for the info mates... :)

ktutorials, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  6. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think wordpress will be great option for you

trichnosis, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  7. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    u can use wordpress,joomla or drupal depending upon how much programing u know and how creative u can be with them...by far wordpress is simplest and easy to customize

kanwarjot, Jun 8, 2007 IP