1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which currency best fited for online sales?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Audiomad, May 17, 2010.

I'm about to go into sales of web templates and I just want to know which currency is the best to sell in, The currency will affect the pricing as some countries currency is worth less to the dollar but the same goes for the euro and others.

The base price of the product would reflect the currency which could mean more or less sales. If you have to pick one currency to use for the base price of an online product which would you use? I would not mind changing the currency as its an online product and even the product price can be changed.

I was thinking €29.99 should I change it to $29.99 or the equivalent to the Euro price maybe a different currency?

Audiomad, May 17, 2010 IP
  2. walterbell2331

walterbell2331 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a tricky question right now. The Euro has been dropping in value over the last week or two. I personally would keep a eye on the value of the euro if you going to price your product in euros.

walterbell2331, May 17, 2010 IP
  3. -webmaster

-webmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    USD without any doubt

-webmaster, May 17, 2010 IP
  4. Audiomad

Audiomad Peon

Best Answers:
    I know and I don't know which to pick.

Audiomad, May 17, 2010 IP
  5. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    USD is expected by most webmasters - they are used to paying for things in dollars. Your product is aimed at webmasters and therefore I would choose dollars for the currency.

As your currency is the Euro, you would need to look at pricing the templates at a different price than $29.99 if you wanted to receive 29.99 euro ($37 would roughly equate to 29.99 euro (using xe.com). As the price of the Euro changes, it will affect your income and will cost some customers more or less in real terms. However, most webmasters are familiar with currency fluctuations and are not always affected by them if they also receive payment in dollars into their paypal account (I am assuming you would have paypal processing on the site as well).

Ganceann, May 17, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now day big company not taking single currency.
    They take multiple currency.
    I suggest you take multi currency too.

mentos, May 18, 2010 IP
  7. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    US Dollar. Still the King of all currencies, and expected currency for people buying online.

jump32, May 19, 2010 IP
  8. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will be easier for you to convince people to buy in USD, absolutley.
    Anpther way to look at it is, in what currency do you have your costs, like domains, hosting and any software you might be using? To accept payment in the same currency you are later paying with yourslef is a smart move to avoid extra currency losses.

Adraco, May 19, 2010 IP
  9. walterbell2331

walterbell2331 Peon

Best Answers:
    The US Dollar is the way to go. At lest for the short term. Where is you traffic coming from? That will give you a better knowledge as to what currency to use.

walterbell2331, May 19, 2010 IP
  10. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also note that Paypal do take out a 2.5% currency exchange fee on top of giving you lousy exchange rates. On average Paypal's currency exchange rates are about 1.73% lower than those of my local bank, both when buying and selling currency with Paypal. On top of that, they then charge the 2.5% currency exchange fee, which is not listed separately, but hidden inside the user agreement under Fees.

Tip of the day, stick with one currency!

Adraco, May 20, 2010 IP
  11. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    I would do some research on where the majority of my target buyers are and use their currency.

JHybrid, May 22, 2010 IP
  12. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    USD is the one most people feel comfortable with. However, if your clients are based in a specific region, use the relevant local currency.

The big issue with trading in a foreign currency is that it leaves you exposed to currency risk. If the dollar weakens, it will hurt you. If it gets stronger, you make more money.

tuksdrr, May 23, 2010 IP
  13. Audiomad

Audiomad Peon

Best Answers:
    I've went with the Euro simply because its my currency I will wait for a few sales and check where those buyers are coming from and change if necessary.

Audiomad, May 23, 2010 IP
  14. mrockz619

mrockz619 Peon

Best Answers:
    USD would be the Best option for you to sell something online whole over the net...

mrockz619, May 23, 2010 IP