1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which graphics software should i buy?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by ziahamza, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Algert

Algert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop is one of the best graphic design tools now days and i recommend you buying it. ( I'm using Adobe CS3 it works great)

Algert, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. squich

squich Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly i have tried coreldraw, then flash, photoshop. From these i think photoshop is better for web creation, but coreldraw is more comfortable (that is only my opinion). But now I'm using gimp, because I'm on ubuntu and It's not a bad choise. Also gimp is free

squich, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  3. cgweb

cgweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Adobe Fireworks!!!! I use this for all my graphic design and I wouldn't change it for anything.. Photoshop I couldn't get my head round.. but yeah, Fireworks FTW

cgweb, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  4. khakicom

khakicom Banned

Best Answers:
    dreamweaver is for web designing...
    Photoshop is advance for graphic designers..
    Adobe Fireworks / Macromedia Fireworks is good for begineer graphic designers.

khakicom, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  5. kreativi

kreativi Peon

Best Answers:
    Admobe Creative Suite will be the best combination of softwares for web designers. I will recommend you start with advanced softwares rather than beginners. This way you will not face difficulty in your advance level.

kreativi, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  6. attorney@law

attorney@law Peon

Best Answers:
    Photoshop is powerfull but very expensive tool. GIMP just sucked when I tried to use it, but that may be because I\'m accustomed to using PS. Lately I tried Paint.NET and I find it usefull - you should check it out. It\'s free too.

attorney@law, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  7. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    What do I need to create cool graphics for websites, like mascots and crap.... :D I would like to know what programs are used for drawing these characters... :D

Emperor, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  8. BlackSails

BlackSails Peon

Best Answers:
    For drawing characters, you're going to want something like Illustrator, CorelDraw, or InkScape. Illustrator is what I use and it's the best but it's expensive. InkScape is free.

BlackSails, Jan 16, 2008 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  9. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Autodesk 3DS Max for that. Of course its top of line 3D software and costs over $3,000. :)

aaron_nimocks, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  10. BlackSails

BlackSails Peon

Best Answers:
    You would have him learn CAD software just to produce web graphics? Vector drawing programs are the standard in this area.

BlackSails, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  11. graphics337

graphics337 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want 3d, check out Maya, Aside from that, Again i'll say, Get the adobe premium web CS3 pack and be done. if you dont know how to use it, pick up a total training for the specific programs (not the suite, thats a generalized watered down gotta cover them all in a short time-training disc) and learn it. No need to waste alot of time on other stuff

graphics337, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  12. NSFoxx

NSFoxx Guest

Best Answers:
    Start with PhotoShop, without a doubt!

NSFoxx, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  13. SalahStudios.com

SalahStudios.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver and Firworks for starters. If you can only get one app I would say Fireworks and code by hand (fireworks generates some, albiet sloppy, html for you to get a start)

SalahStudios.com, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  14. dillontim

dillontim Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Adobe.. but the file size and memory needed is quite large. Its more suitable for higher processors

dillontim, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  15. arwen54

arwen54 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using Ulead's PhotoImpact since version 4. This year Corel bought out Ulead so right now you can get PhotoImpact X3 for only $69 and it comes bundled with Corel Painter Essentials as well other stuff. All Photoshop plugins work with PhotoImpact and I cannot say enough good things about the software. I'm not just saying this to make a buck or anything, though I'm going to be completely honest and tell you, yes, I'm a Corel affiliate, and proud of it. I stand by this product 100% as I use it daily. I've just upgraded about an hour ago, in fact. See my blog posts:
    http://karenblundell.com/web-design/graphics/its-time-for-a-photoimpact-upgrade
    http://karenblundell.com/web-design/graphics/free-presets-for-photoimpact-users
    http://karenblundell.com/web-design/graphics/more-presets-for-photoimpact

arwen54, Jan 22, 2008 IP