1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which has the lowest server load?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Actor Mike, Mar 1, 2007.

I'm looking at Joomla, WordPress, phpBB and Drupal for a number of different solutions but I'm curious to know if anyone has any hard data on server loads for them.

I get the feeling, and it's only a gut feeling, that phpBB is quite hungry when it comes to server resources. Am I correct in this? Does anyone have any feedback?

Cheers.

Mike

Actor Mike, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  2. clixxer

clixxer Peon

Best Answers:
    phpBB is a froum software and for that reason requires more resources than the other apps you mentioned. The scope of the apps is different, comparing them like that does not make much sense without specific goals for a website.

clixxer, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  3. Actor Mike

Actor Mike Peon

Best Answers:
    Ermm...yes and no. Whilst I agree that a like for like isn't necessarily a scientific approach, traffic/users/DB loads are something that will apply with all of the above options.

phpBB is a forum solution but if all I'm looking for is user interaction and contribution, for example, any of the CMS' I mentioned can also do the same.

I have 2-3 projects I'm looking at so the scope is similar (i.e. interaction with users) and any of the solutions could do the job.

Actor Mike, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  4. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think lowest server load cms is joomla . i'm using joomla for my sites on a shared server over 15k/ per day . and my account is active and my cpu usage is unde%1 :)

trichnosis, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  5. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah jooomla even has this cache component to speed your site and reduce the server load. :)

psyberweb, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  6. rootbinbash

rootbinbash Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress with wp-cache

37k unique hits per day / 500k pageviews daily with a crap p4 3.Server load is max 1.5 ,average 0.36.Also site has more than 10k posts :D

rootbinbash, Mar 7, 2007 IP