1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is best for marketing: Twitter Vs Facebook Vs Google Vs Craiglist

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nokimchen, Mar 27, 2011.

1. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    By Google, do you mean via the search engine?

If so, Google easily blows away all of the others. If you mean Google Buzz, then I'd hand it to Twitter or Facebook. Probably Facebook.

usasportstraining, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is only good if you have lots of followers(10,000+), and facebook can also be good if used properly. Google is always good with search engine optimization.

cheesee, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  3. aristoinc

aristoinc Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on your marketing goal. Are you looking to make sales now? Are you looking to build a relationship for long-term repeat sales? Do you want targeted traffic?

It all comes down to search. How will your prospects find you?

No particular order but here are some benefits/limitations of the main sites mentioned;
    Google - For SEO this is still the best website. You can optimize your Facebook pages, Craiglist, even Twitter so that Google will rank your website and social sites higher. Google Adwords - also still a giant and you can target by keywords. Limitations - Unless you use Buzz, you can't target specific niches where people are actually gathering on Google to talk about your product/industry.

Facebook - You can create unlimited niche pages for your business. The keywords can be used for titles of those pages (which are considered strong for Google and Bing search engine results) You can create groups of people that are interested in your niche and these are people who can you build a relationship with and sell multiple times in the long run. Facebook Ads are much more targeted than Google Ads because you can target keywords in the Facebook profiles. Your ads appear to a much higher targeted group of potential customers. Limitations - Takes a lot of work to keep putting content on your niche pages.

Twitter - don't forget using keywords in Twitter posts. They show up in search engines. I've had Twitter posts appear on Google Page one within minutes of posting on Twitter. They are short lived rankings, but if you jump on a hot topic, it can bring huge amounts of traffic. For me, Twitter drives traffic to my website of Facebook pages. It doesn't yet have traction for advertising, but they are working on it.

aristoinc, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  4. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Craiglist is one of the best classified gives more sales ratrher than Fb & Twitter.

capstonic, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  5. danny0085

danny0085 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google SEO + facebook marketing = big traffic

danny0085, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. Claire Sharp

Claire Sharp Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is best for marketing. This is based on my experience.

Claire Sharp, May 5, 2011 IP