1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which language to choose? Entering the Israeli market: Hebrew or English

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Агентство Workogram, Jan 29, 2024.

Israel is known for its innovations, rapid development of technology and high level of income, so more and more Ukrainian companies are choosing to enter the Israeli business market.

[​IMG] Studies show that more than 70% of the country's population are fluent in spoken English and use it widely in the business environment.

However, Hebrew is the official language for concluding contracts [​IMG] and negotiating business in Israel.

Which language would you choose?

2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'd have to be mad to set up a business in Israel at the moment. I get people from the Ukraine are desperate to leave but why would Israel even be on their list of places to go?

Many Ukranians are going to South America and that seems a much more stable and financially sound idea.

sarahk, Jan 29, 2024 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking to sell your products/services in Israel (virtually, I assume), I would consider taking a page from Canada where they often publish information in both English and French) and make your sales and marketing literature with an English version and a Hebrew version. You need to test the market so why would you give up a significant percentage of the market by omitting Hebrew at the start? If you carefully measure results, early on, you can decide whether it makes financial sense to continuing doing so after the initial launch and testing.

As to whether Israel is a great place to launch a marketing initiative right now, I think that it really depends on what you are selling.

jrbiz, Feb 5, 2024 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. xowi

xowi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best to launch with both languages and make it easy for visitors to find the flags.

xowi, Feb 14, 2024 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. Boygame

Boygame Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should choose English. but it can be both. anyway, Aİ will soon eliminate the language problem.

Boygame, Feb 20, 2024 IP
  6. LeoD

LeoD Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    I think the site should be in English by default, but with the option to switch to Hebrew. Perhaps it would be good to add some more languages, French for example.

LeoD, Mar 4, 2024 IP
  7. Agalak

Agalak Peon

Best Answers:
    I worked with the Israeli Market, and I can say that many citizens can fluently speak English. So, it should be your first choice. Besides, in Israel, there are many foreigners who don't speak Hebrew. So, focus on the English part, and then you can add Hebrew.

Agalak, Mar 5, 2024 IP
  8. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Arabic :)

FarrisFahad, Mar 5, 2024 IP
  9. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hebrew but both, your website should have a translator on it and you should use today's tech to make sure people can understand in their language of choice.

TuesZ, Mar 16, 2024 IP
  10. Quantawealth

Quantawealth Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been there and they are fine with English. Most of the sign there have English, Arabic, and Hebrew language

Quantawealth, Mar 17, 2024 IP
  11. lamdafit

lamdafit Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend choosing English, but either language is acceptable. In any event, AI will soon overcome the language barrier

lamdafit, Mar 28, 2024 IP