1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Social Media Sites & What's Their ROI

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jimbob1208, May 6, 2008.

Hi,

There seems t be dozens of social media sites out there such as Facebook, Propeller and Digg etc.....

1. Which are the top 5 worth focusing on first?

2. What are some of the best ways I can use them to promote my ecommerce site

3. What's the ROI, because I seem to be spending most of my time contributing to these various sites on the basis of this is what most of the seo forums suggest as being worthwhile.

Jmaes

Jimbob1208, May 6, 2008 IP
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. Check the social networking list in my signature. Sort the list by PR and submit to the highest PR bookmarking sites first.

2. If you have product descriptions or opinions, you may want to link to those. You could always link directly to the product if it has a good description, and that would be better for SEO purposes in many cases.

3. The ROI is normally poor. SB users don't click many ads and certainly don't buy many products. The value of social bookmarking is that it gets you a good backlink to inner pages. This can help your offpage SEO, especially if the bookmarks come from high PR sites/pages.

Happy link building! :)

snowbird, May 6, 2008 IP
  3. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of specific niche social media sites out there, if you can find one for the subject of your site you will probably do better on those than you would on a larger site like digg.

amedia, May 6, 2008 IP