1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which type of laptop screen to use for web design

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by tronicscribe, Oct 18, 2008.

I'm a web designer, and work in photoshop all the time. Currently at home I have a CRT monitor for my desktop and the RGB looks accurate and perfect. However, at work I use a company laptop, and it is a compaq F700 which has a 15.4" WXGA Brightview screen, and totally annoys while designing. It displays colors differently depending on the viewing angle, and if I make something for the web on that laptop at work and come home and view it on my CRT, it looks very different. Mainly the compaq displays things brighter and more vivid, but I don't think that is a good thing to have when choosing colors for the web.

I'm now looking to buy my own laptop to use for web design and work, however I need a little advice on choosing a screen type. I'm going to get a 17" and need to know if I should look for a WXGA+, WUXGA or WSXGA. Also, should I try to find one with a matte screen, or gloss? and just in general what your opionion is on these types of laptop screens and which will work best for web design. If you use a screen type like these, I'm hoping to hear your opinion. Thanks!

tronicscribe, Oct 18, 2008 IP
  2. coolbudy

coolbudy Guest

Best Answers:
    go and buy the first one

coolbudy, Oct 21, 2008 IP