1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

White pixels appear upon resize

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by aliks0905, Jan 29, 2008.

A buddy of mine is creating a forum, http://www.vagrantventers.com/ and you can see the logo there is full of white pixels, yet there are no pixels in the actual psd.

how can he resize the image so there are no white dots? would he have to convert the logo to vector?

thanks

aliks0905, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  2. HurryHost.com

HurryHost.com Banned

Best Answers:
    PM the image source ill fix it up

HurryHost.com, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  3. graphics337

graphics337 Peon

Best Answers:
    What probably happened is he probably made that logo in another program and then brought it into photoshop. If that was a jpeg, that is the white from the background. That is a fairly simple logo and can be remade in Photoshop without the pixels very easily.

graphics337, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  4. aliks0905

aliks0905 Member

Best Answers:
    actually i just got the psd from the guy, and the logo was made in psd. its only a circle with some text. i think th white pixels come from resizing. there aren't any pixels in the file at all.

aliks0905, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  5. graphics337

graphics337 Peon

Best Answers:
    As a matter of fact, if you will email me really quick, i will send you your logo in PSD format so you wont have to worry about those white pixels

6. graphics337

graphics337 Peon

Best Answers:
    a file can be a PSD from a jpeg, as long as some kind of edit is made in photoshop, it defaults to PSD. I just made the logo as smart objects, so he can make it to go on the side of a tractor-trailer and it wont distort:D