1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

who has created their own social network?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by JoeOFarrel, Feb 9, 2010.

Hi all,

Has anyone here tried creating their own social networking site, maybe in a specific niche?

I'm looking for someone who has experience in this to give me a few pointers in a site I will be starting soon.

JoeOFarrel, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  2. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is not worth doing, because the competition in the sphere pf social networks is really high and it'll be difficult for you to win. But if you still want to create your own social network website - then think over how will it differ from the competitors - it will be easier to promote it then.

Warner, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  3. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    I can't agree with that - i think their is a lot of room to create social networking sites in niche specific things.

There are many things people don't want to share on sites like facebook, orkut etc - eacxh of these items could be a website idea, just like yahoo groups used to be extremely successful.

JoeOFarrel, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  4. o2smedia

o2smedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I did...a few years back before the news copr purchase of myspace and as facebook was still growing. i actauly was doing great until i didnt know how to deal with overnight growth.....i was doing over 1mil emails monthly in invites and the sites was exponentially blowing up....i use to market via Myspace and emails. I was blocked by all the ISP and it killed my growth so i ended up selling the site but i learned so much from it. msg me for any questions...you def can be successful with a niche site.

o2smedia, Feb 9, 2010 IP