1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why are Drupal Slideshows so Complicated?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by redzventures, May 1, 2011.

I really do love Drupal and have been building sites with Drupal for the last 12 months. My question is why are all ways of generating a slideshow so complicated. I enjoy working with html in the content regions and find the Drupal blocks, panels and regions good to work with. It is only, in my opinion, the slideshow or gallery possibility that disturbs me. Must all Drupal slideshows require so many plug-ins and so much technical intervention to work? Drupal is great for those with little prior knowledge of CMS and I manage to do most things that I want to do except slideshows. A few themes come with a slideshow in-built that just requires the images in a particular folder being replaced. That's fine but these themes are few and far between. The other options just get so deep and start to put me off including a slideshow due to the time it takes to learn. I've actually turned to wordpress for some site builds because of this.

Are there any modules that enable one to generate a slideshow from one control panel or form without having to edit scores of files. Perhaps a contributor that finds all this simple could devise a module that allows users to simply upload into a slideshow or gallery control panel and generate the slideshow or gallery that way without having to edit CSS, PHP or anything else. Of course, these necessary files would be created, but only in the back end where those in the know can play with it.

Anyway, that's my rant for this morning. I need to find a slideshow that I can actually understand now.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
    redzventures, May 1, 2011 IP