1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Aren't you Making Money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by businessman413, Jan 8, 2011.

1. kayostar

kayostar Peon

Best Answers:
    You need resources (not exclusively money), a savvy mind, motivation and hard work ethic to profit from any business venture.

kayostar, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. belablack

belablack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Tikigirl - I have the same problem you have .. I have too many ideas and am spread all over the place. Too many domains, too little time with my 'day job'.. So after many grueling years - I've decided this week to unload some domains. I have almost 100 and I only need to keep around 5.

I've taken adderal and it seems to be a temp quick fix.

belablack, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forget everything and stick to one idea, DO NOT do anything else UNTILL it makes MONEY! Then, only than can you start to branch out.

Seqqa, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  4. belablack

Best Answers:
    @Seqqa - Easier said then done my friend. How much money should I be making before I decide to move on ? If I start consecutively with my list of domains the first on my list is americanghoststories.com - Any advice on development or ad rev would be appreciated. Funny thing is I've been chugging along on this for YEARS and yet this is the first time I've asked for help in the forums. 0_o

belablack, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I want to be like you, can give tips to me later

demoel, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  6. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so yes
    you could share his experience to me later, I want to succeed like you

demoel, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  7. belablack

Best Answers:
    @demoel - are you speaking to anyone in particular?

belablack, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  8. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @belablack
    maybe you or the other, I just answer the thread that goes into the email list

thank you for your attention

regards

dm

demoel, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  9. autodrawings

autodrawings Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with most guys here, it's mostly about patience and hard work. When you believe in something, then really go for it...don't expect it to give you results right away though!

autodrawings, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  10. belablack

Best Answers:
    @autodrawings - Yeah thats definitely true. I'm going to start sticking to that.. This is what I knew from the beginning and instead of doing that, I let myself be set astray by people who pretended to know what they are doing with nothing to show for it.. domain hoarding can only get you so far. Great advice guys. Thanks

belablack, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  11. l33tp4n3g3

l33tp4n3g3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's because people don't put the time and effort into SEO and marketing their websites. Anything can be accomplished with hard work and devotion. There is no excuse. If you put forth the effort, it can be done. As Thomas Edison said, genius is one percent perspiration and 99 percent inspiration...

l33tp4n3g3, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think one of the main reason people are not making money online is focus and second reason being research and last reason being proper planning. If you don't have those three elements than that person will just be throwing their money to the wind. That being said a person doesn't necessarily have to be an expert but they do need to possess some base knowledge of whatever industry they're venturing into and know when is the appropriate time to bring on a partner with expertise in the industry they're investing to help them effectively grow their business.

One must be aware everybody will have something to sell you but only that person can determine whether what the other person is offering them will be of any use to them.

muffet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  13. Gonzo4u

Gonzo4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all no offense to anyone or any hard feelings, my views on this topic is purely generic. I feel sorry for all those people who believe on "Hear and Say" from the Internet for the magic word "Earn Online" ya ya... its true but the real fact is, it comes with a price.

The answer to Why most people fail to earn online?
    Its very simple... Money!!! we called it in business terms "Investments" and the lack of business person in you!

Money has the power to attract or pull away more money, you put some and you get some. Most of the people think earning online is a child's play and anybody can do it, with the help of so called ebooks, videos, etc. they can be a learning tools, but not a weapon to get into the battle. It takes a lot more than that to get your a** in. Now consider an offline scenario. There are hundreds of B-Schools around the world which teaches you how to do business. But, does 100% people do business after getting over from their studies! Nope... 90% people choose to do jobs in their fields and only few starts their own business. Well! why not 100% when they all know inside out of how to ran a business!!! It takes a lot more than that, the same goes with online business, it can't be achieved by "Hear and say nor teaching either" you need to be in that 10% and take it as real business, ask yourself are you a real business person, if you get an answer as Yes! then nobody can stop you and if it is No! then please move forward and don't fall prey for some "ebooks". Be it Offline or Online real business needs investments, so get your facts clear. You will find some people claiming it can be acheived without any investments. I don't deny few success stories, but what their earning ratio is without an investment for a month is a single day earning with proper business tools and channel. Take an example of Online Affiliate Marketing.

eg: Affiliate Marketing
    1) Organic traffic - 10 to 30 sales/month (no investment required and need a very high SE ranking)
    2) Organic traffic + PPC - 10 to 30 sales/day (investment required)

You don't need to be a Einstein or Newton nor a business guru, neither you need to reinvent the wheel, all it takes is a smart move and a business person in you to implement the things and offcourse investments, as every business needs them.
    The day when you will start thinking it as an "Online Business" and not "Online Earning" you will taste the success.

Regards,
    Gonzo

Gonzo4u, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  14. SweatyGirl

SweatyGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about how you treat online marketing, if you do treat it well you will get success. It's more like a job then hobby

SweatyGirl, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  15. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    My opinion? Too many people like planning and procrastinating more than actually marketing and creating quality services. Planning is great, but you CAN overplan and that is a recipe to truly fail.

Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A level of intellectuality will also have a profound impact on your ability to succed in life. You'll notice a connection between the wealthy and strong academic backgrounds.

Seqqa, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  17. sbogdan

sbogdan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the main reason why people fail on making money online is that they aren't patient enough and can't stick with one method, even if it's a proven one. Of course, we can talk a lot about planning, investment, and all this does matter... but you have to find a good program or course, learn it and stick with it. When you see it works, you can go further and start to work on another stream of income. But most of us give up exactly before we start to see some results. We work on it for some time, don't see "immediate" profit, and just leave it, disappointed... It's a business, so we need to treat it like a business.

sbogdan, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  18. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm going to go ahead and say it's not a great idea to just pick one thing and persist until you make money at it. The fact is not every one of your ideas is going to make money. The important thing is to be able to learn exactly what was wrong with your idea in the first place. That's how you learn in this business. I would advise newbies to start a few different projects, but be sure to follow through with them and learn how to think critically about your results. If you can't learn from results, then it's just not for you.

The difference between an intelligent person and a genius is that an intelligent person can come up with ideas, but a genius is able to recognize flaws in his own ideas. It sounds negative, but in my career some of the best work I've ever done has been shooting down ideas before a client wastes a ton of money on them. Finding the balance between positive motivation and critical pessimism is probably the most important thing you can do in this or any business.

If you get in this mindset, diversification is natural. When running PPC campaigns you never just try out one ad, you split test. If you want an example from the big web startups, just look at the firms that are sinking money into these things. They're not taking all of their money and dumping it into one company, they're investing smaller amounts into as many as possible because it's the minority of them that end up catching fire that really count. The problem is even these guys, who are some of the smartest guys around, can't tell just what will succeed.

DanAbbamont, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  19. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Becouse :

1 And the most important thing/reasson : Most people think money online is earned easy without doing nothing/invest nothing/have any skill
    2 Patience they start a website/or try in a freelance site they try 2-3 months they see penies and drop out When in reality it takes for a skilled guy 6-12 months to set up a good site with traffic/earnings and on a freelance site with that concurence it takes time back in 2004 when i started it took me 4 months to get my first project and evry day i bidded on 10-15 projects without loosing my patince
    3 Many are to stupid or lazy to earn money online i repeat myself i strongly consider NOT EVRYOANE CAN MAKE MONEY ONLINE ...
    4 Oh end not to forget all the Ebooks/offers TO MAKe MONEY OnLINE wich are scams People Learn this Lesson : If it sounds to goo (make 50/hour / make 500/day make 10k with clickbank) is phone and a scam Be serious who woul sell a "method" that earns them 15k / month or even 2-4k/month to create competition for themselfs for 15-60$/ebook and not keap to themselfs and earn 15k/month THINTK LOGIC

That sumes up
    Ps : I know what i'm talking about earning my living since 2004 Online and earning 2-4k/month at this moment ...

w3bmaster, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  20. Andreon

Andreon Peon

Best Answers:

Most people that start Internet marketing have zero skill, you just gain skill the longer work on a subject.

Andreon, Jan 26, 2011 IP