1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do Iphone unlock websites get sold so fast?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by silverion, Nov 27, 2009.

Hi. Ever since the Iphone unlocking mania started I have seen several dozen websites on Flippa that sell Iphone unlocking software for sale. Most of these websites are making what could be considered a very positive income usually based on ppc. The numbers sound great but the sellers always (or most of the time) sell them just a few weeks after creating them and for amounts that can go from 1 month to 3 months worth of income as a bin.

This is the kind of business behavior that I would consider odd (and probably incoherent) so I would like to know if anyone out there knows why does this happen so often and if there is some sort of small print when entering this niche that could make buying one of this "cash cows" a several thousand dollar mistake.

Thanks in advance.

silverion, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  2. ralf skirr

ralf skirr Peon

Best Answers:
    If relatively new web sites claim to make big money and are sold fast you may find that the money stops coming in after you buy one.

Sellers may have methods in place to drive extra traffic until the sale is completed. After they sold the site, they stop sending traffic to it of course and you might end up with a site that makes zero money.

Ralf

ralf skirr, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  3. rewardsguy007

rewardsguy007 Member

Best Answers:
    There are many professionals on Flippa who are in the business of creating and selling websites. A business is of no use without Traffic. So unless and until they inform you the methods they used to get traffic then in my opinion it is worthless to buy those sites.

rewardsguy007, Nov 10, 2013 IP