1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do people think spamming my forum is going to help them?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GrantDraper, Aug 2, 2011.

I'm in the early stages of developing a new forum. It's 50% as a hobby, 50% to make a little bit of money, as I've had success in the past. It's extremely annoying to have to go through posts deleting spam. I've double checked & all the links out are nofollow, so why do people think this is going to help them. I've spent hours writing the "articles" and I've done some forum posts. Apart from destroying my hard work, what are they trying to achieve?

Rant Over :) :cool:

GrantDraper, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the concept of spamming is put all those "ads/link" everyway as they can, many of them are using bot, they dont actually know anything about the website/forum, just posting(spamming) everyway

lifeplayer, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is the seo methodology of 99 percent of digital point, for instance.... Folks just don't get it. Its really that simple.

It is however a real pain in the ass to anyone else. What forum system are you using? Often times its bot related so its not too entirely brutal to stop most of it at the gate.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  4. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, just a bit of a rant really and I know exactly what you mean. One of the reasons I just come on DP to get work rather than really participate too much is because of the 99% that think they can respin one article 1,000,000 times and get #1. Don't get me wrong, I use sig links to get a bit of exposure in related forums but not spamming links.

I've spoken to my Dad, who helps me out with the coding. He is going to go through all the VB add-ons and see what extra spam protection there is. Managed to get it down to a bare minimum, but still annoying when I want to spend 45 minutes writing an article that will bring in more traffic, when instead I have to spend the time pruning posts!

GrantDraper, Aug 2, 2011 IP