1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you create more than one website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kprojects, Aug 27, 2012.

There are various reasons why people create their own website networks.. what's your reason?

Mine:
    1. Let them build off each other - once there is one that is popular I can send traffic to a related niche site/forum and its chances for success are greater
    2. Bring advertisers into all of the sites - not just the one

kprojects, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  2. IamPower

IamPower Peon

Best Answers:
    There can be many reasons - if you have dozens of websites, sometimes some of them will rank on page 1, and some will not - and you will be earning from them whilst you work on the others.

IamPower, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  3. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    Most people who have more than one website don't make much money, because they don't have time to run them all. It's better to have one great website that you spend all your time promoting, rather than 100 sites that you spend 2 mins a month on. Why would you want more than one website is a more interesting question.

Thinks of the great online businesses - Google, Amazon, Facebook - do they have 100s of sites? No. The concentrate on a few. Mostly one, but spread across different country domains. How can you get any customer loyalty or build any brand recognition if you have multiple websites?

w11guy, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  4. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. Running only one site is better than many sites.

rith, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  5. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use many websites because it lets me build and test other affiliates and strategies. In no way do i think you should have more than 1 if you cant give them each the same descent amount of time. Maintaining the sites properly with fresh content is key.

kemasii, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  6. Calixarene

Calixarene Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Eggs and baskets spring to mind(?)

Calixarene, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  7. sandy6m

sandy6m Peon

Best Answers:
    @Kesmali - What would you say is a decent amount of time per website say over a week?

Out of interest how many sites do you maintain?

sandy6m, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  8. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, I build a website and try it for a while. If I don't make money, I loose interest on that site and move on to the next website. So far, I haven't gotten my lucky break and will keep on building websites until I create the one that makes me serious money.

ablaye, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  9. Sadhinshoib

Sadhinshoib Peon

Best Answers:
    Pos t the following message below in an appropriate section:What is the html code to make horizo ntal boxes i need to make some b oxes go from left to rightbut a ll i can find is on top of each other, you can see example here

Sadhinshoib, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  10. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    But you could end up earning less money overall because you aren't focused enough on either site. Not saying it's the case with you, but I've seen this happen so often. I know people who claim they are diversifying, but in reality they can't just stick to one thing and make it work.

Obviously you may need more sites when testing, etc. But I have found that once you have a successful site/business, then it takes up all your time, and you can make more money expanding that business than starting a new one.

What you say is also like someone having 3 or 4 jobs just in case some of them don't work out. The most successful people tend to stick to one thing and become a master of it.

It's possible to diversify in other ways e.g. buy property with your profits instead of investing in another website. Having 10 website is still having all your eggs in one basket - the internet basket.

w11guy, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  11. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    I can't say for sure about your case because I don't know you, bit are you sicking with sites long enough to get them to work. It sometimes takes 12 months plus to get a site making decent money. Sometimes years.

w11guy, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  12. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    But I find that you can earn much more ad revenue with one site of 500 pages rather than 100 sites with 5 pages each. I think that is what we should be comparing. 100 sites with 5 pages still means you are earning money from 500 pages. But with just one big site of 500 pages it's much easier to market the site, promote it, find advertisers, etc. Of course, if you have time to build more than one site and they all earn great money, then that is good, but too many people just build lots of sites and make minimal, if any, money from them.

For example, I know people who work on their own and have 100+ sites. If the work a 10 hour day that means they have 6 minutes each day to devote to each website. That just isn't enough time to get anything meaningful done.

w11guy, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  13. neolancing

neolancing Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you

how can u send traffic from one site to another? I am interested to know

neolancing, Aug 31, 2012 IP