1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does social marketing really mean?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by holkapolka, May 4, 2011.

What does it mean to advertise on social media? I mean, one thing is to advertise on facebook in form of a page or wall adding and then distribute this to friends, or pay for ads on different medias, but is there anything more to it?

Im not using social media other than mentioned above and if someone can tell me how to use it better i will be happy for it.

holkapolka, May 4, 2011 IP
  2. softwebsolutions

softwebsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social Media Marketing is more than advertising on Facebook by creating a Fanpage. Let me start off with the definition of social media marketing.

The concept of social media marketing basically refers to the process of promoting business or websites through social media channels. It is a powerful marketing medium that is defining the way people are communicating. It is one of the significantly low-cost promotional methods that provide businesses large numbers of links and huge amount of traffic. The main objective of Social Media Marketing is to create brand awareness of the organization in minds of target audience. This ultimately leads to sales and profit. There are seven different tools which help an organization in achieving traffic on the site.
    • Twitter
    • Facebook
    • YouTube (and other video sites)
    • MySpace
    • Google Buzz
    • Forums
    • Blogs

To learn more about Social Media Marketing click on the link given below:

http://blog.softwebsolutions.com/so...modes-to-kick-start-the-social-media-campaign

softwebsolutions, May 5, 2011 IP
  3. Maria8904

Maria8904 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social marketing is the new way to promote your business, it is really get you traffic, not only Facebook, Twitter also give you a huge number of followers, more followers you have more chances you have to promote your business....so social marketing is really help you to promote your business.

Maria8904, May 5, 2011 IP
  4. alphshuffel

alphshuffel Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Social Marketing refers to gain visitors and sell your product through Social Networking websites. Softwebsolution has defined well about social networking websites. But one should also use LinkedIn to get maximum exposure from social friends.

alphshuffel, May 6, 2011 IP
  5. essrt123

essrt123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now a days, social marketing is a way to promote your website and communicate to friends , relatives and others.you can also submit your video , pictures and your products also.

essrt123, May 6, 2011 IP
  6. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    There is so much more you can do.

For instance... the Facebook like button can be used on your blog or website. Whenever someone likes your page it will be automatically posted on his Facebook wall. This way and many other ways in Social Media helps you to Multiply Your Visibility across the social networks.

You must have wall post that evokes the viewers/your fans to share it with their network of friends. Therefore, its not just about posting on your wall.... its about being creative... understanding what people in your network likes and prefer to read. Its about understand the need of the people or customer or client.

PromoDirect, May 6, 2011 IP
  7. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To increase the social network of various peoples from different sides & also to find new friends.

capstonic, May 6, 2011 IP
  8. rvishrm11

rvishrm11 Peon

Best Answers:
    As we can see now the term marketing is not limited to a particular state or country ,now it covers all of the world.
    Social marketing is not limited to just Facebook or twitter it is a very vast term. The main purpose of social marketing is creating a brand awareness among the targeted customers, and create a relationship with the customers.

rvishrm11, May 9, 2011 IP
  9. inforayz

inforayz Peon

Best Answers:
    Social marketing is the systematic application of marketing, along with other concepts and techniques, to achieve specific behavioral goals for a social good.

inforayz, May 9, 2011 IP
  10. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly this is the right point you have mentioned.
    It is one of the significantly low-cost promotional methods

showkatahmad, May 11, 2011 IP
  11. umar.daraz

umar.daraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social marketing means branding of your website/product & the extra benefit is that you will get traffic too from Social Media.

umar.daraz, May 11, 2011 IP
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you know what social means and you know what marketing means you put them together and that's what it is :D

Mkcoy, May 11, 2011 IP
  13. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Marketing is the modern way of interacting with people, creating communities and promoting your business.

ajbaumer, May 16, 2011 IP
  14. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you are missing the actual fun of these social networking sites in your submissions. When I first started submissions in these social networking sites, I made sure that I added atleast 10 friends everyday in each of the sites. Then I started doing cross bookmarking by giving votes, diggs and comments on the submissions of my friends. This made them more eager to check out what I digg or comment on each submission. Later I gathered all the friends from so many networking sites at one place and that was a facebook fan page. IMO this is how you get the most out of these networking sites, also the backlinks from these sites to our blog is a plus point in this procedure ;)

China_girl, May 16, 2011 IP
  15. Omdayus

Omdayus Peon

Best Answers:
    social networking program, is new to developing countries that need better attention from all parties

Omdayus, May 16, 2011 IP
  16. webwebby

webwebby Member

Best Answers:
    Social marketing is the systematic application of marketing, along with other concepts and techniques, to achieve specific behavioral goals for a social good.[1] Social marketing can be applied to promote merit goods, or to make a society avoid demerit goods and thus to promote society's well being as a whole. For example, this may include asking people not to smoke in public areas, asking them to use seat belts, or prompting to make them follow speed limits.

read more on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_marketing

webwebby, May 17, 2011 IP