1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why does this article keep getting views?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by WonderingCoder, Oct 20, 2013.

Okay, so there's an article I wrote about a year ago, and it continues to get a HUGE amount of views a week.. like 350+ views a week. Why is this?

Here is the post:
    http://www.101baseballnews.com/2012/12/yankee-farewells-ibanez-and-swisher-say.html
    (no spam intended)

Is there anything in that post that is generating a good SEO or something? I would like to do this for all my post if there is.. if not, why do I keep getting views? Also, I've noticed a lot of spam comments on this post. What's going on?

WonderingCoder, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  2. Emberrx

Emberrx Member

Best Answers:
    It could possibly be that the site is in some seo software lists and that is why the comments is spam because they do it automatically or it could be because a few spammers did it manually and the reason it gets so many views is because seo software crawls that site and tries to comment on posts for backlinks

Emberrx, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  3. WonderingCoder

WonderingCoder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh ok.. so why did that certain post get choosen? Just randomly, or anything certain?

4. Emberrx

Emberrx Member

Best Answers:
    I could be wrong, This is just my guess but It could be that it is random or just how the software lands on that certain site.

Emberrx, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  5. WonderingCoder

WonderingCoder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ah, ok. Thanks a lot for your input. I'm looking forward to hearing others responses on the forums.