1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why don't People create WordPress.com-alike with Drag and Drop Theme and Business Specific Themes

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Justin Zhang, Feb 28, 2014.

We can create a service like WordPress.com with Multisite feature after all WordPress is an open source software. Why there isn't any provider with more business related premium themes and premium plugin features. This will cover many clients with difference range of needs.

Justin Zhang, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's because most people found it somewhat constraining? When I am designing a site, creativity is all I care about. As convenient as drag and drop is I never really found it enjoyable to use. I think it's just a matter of taste and preferences and it seems like most people will choose creativity over flexibility, if that flexibility doesn't offer a superb design at the end.

qwikad.com, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don`t care either for drag&drop features. Maybe it was interesting as a novelty, but now i don`t even use that feature in wordpress (for images, only the good old browse for files. Creativity all the way and flexibility: i wanna be able to create a business and entertainment site as easily.

webcosmo, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  4. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from the above...I'm pretty sure there are countless sites and platforms that have business themes, WYSIWYG editors, and plugins... WordPress is not the only system out there, even the .com version...

Iconiplex, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  5. Justin Zhang

Justin Zhang Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks qwikad.com, web cosmo, Iconiplex for all your feedbacks. Iconiplex put in an answer for second part of my question. Maybe that's the reason that even if we put in more commercial plugins and featured-rich themes than wp.com, we have to compete with other service providers.

Justin Zhang, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have Wix or Weebly as your drap-and-drop options. The popularity of Wordpress is down to its ability to customize in whatever ways you like.

Ethan Alvin, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  7. Justin Zhang

Justin Zhang Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah exactly WotdPress is better. There are few good drop and drop theme like Ultimatum. So put it into WP and provide many other plugins. Can't we beat Wix and Weebly? Best of both worlds right? It is exactly what I have in mind.

Justin Zhang, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  8. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The drag-and-drop option can only be restrictive to themes. It's hard for an open source system to cater.

I'm sure there is a plethora of such themes. Or you could develop one :p

Ethan Alvin, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  9. Justin Zhang

Justin Zhang Peon

Best Answers:
    Ultimatum Theme features are only restrictive to itself. But plugin like Visual Composer work across all pages and posts. They are quite flexible, so it is not as easy to use as Weebly or Wix. Don't you think they give leverage over Weebly like builders? WordPress is better, why people still using weebly?

Justin Zhang, Mar 14, 2014 IP