1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I wrote my own CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MyManMatt, Nov 7, 2009.

Ya, as I've mentioned on a few of my other threads :rolleyes:, I have written my own CMS in C# for ASP.NET.

I'm one of those programmers that can actually do it, and I want to be in control of the overall application, knowing that when I build a client's web application I can integrate custom functionality that will fully mesh with the overall code.

Sure there is the downside that right now I dont have extensions written by others, but I also dont have to worry about what direction the real coders of the CMS are going to do in the future.

Also, I love C# and want to use that rather than PHP or some other development environment.

MyManMatt, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I missing any question here? Or at least, do you have any demo to show.

Big0ne, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  3. Vekseid

Vekseid Peon

Best Answers:
    I think many of us do it. Sometimes you don't need even Drupal for a client.

Vekseid, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. nomzz

nomzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I perosnaly feel cms build your self is more effecient for you than any thing else, right now just started one in php and in rails.

nomzz, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is true of all applications though. Whenever I have an idea for a site or application I always write it down so I can *hopefully* find some time to sit down and program it later. This is not because I refuse to use open-source software, I just find it a lot easier to start from the absolute bottom and work up with applications, as you are able to support yourself on issues and have a lot more customization.

Ascendancy, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. LOD

LOD Member

Best Answers:
    LOD, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  7. tihomir_wwf

tihomir_wwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've also written CMS for my own purpose, but honestly only one person never can drive powerful CMS like wordpress for example :)

tihomir_wwf, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  8. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reminds me of the guys that insist on coding their own html. To each their own.

internetmarketingiq, Nov 15, 2009 IP