1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why My Forum Is Flooded with Unwanted Traffic

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ravi4545, Nov 30, 2010.

I ve recently started a forum at mastiwave.com/forum just two days back. Just in two days more than 100 members joined. As you see each day more than 50 members are joining, that is great to hear, but..if you see the board and topics, its near to useless. why there isnt proper traffic coming in? whts wrong with this forum.

thanks in advance:(

ravi4545, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  2. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First you need to set your registration settings to filter the spam stuff. Those are just spam profiles.. No good for a forum. Start blocking countries then do a captcha and personal question registration.

superrichguy, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  3. ravi4545

ravi4545 Peon

Best Answers:
    As you said, i tried to find spam filter in registration settings, permissions etc, but i found nothing as spam filter option. Do i have to change smf and jump to vbulletin or phpbb?

ravi4545, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  4. SEOArbiter

SEOArbiter Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, make sure you or someone is moderating carefully for spammers. Make sure there are several layers to get into the forum as well.

SEOArbiter, Nov 30, 2010 IP