1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why somebody keep asking me every blog i have ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aminfortuna, Jan 1, 2011.

Hi, DP members,
    i am selling links and post in blog niche home. somebody wanted to post his article. but before he sends his article to me, he wanted me to tell him every blog i have.i said "please sends me your article, i have other blogs but they are not niche health". he did not send his article, but again he said, he is interested in any niche, and keep asking me every blog i have. i wondered why he wanted to know every blog i have ? i worry he had bad intention. if dp members here has experiences in similar cases, could you please share in here, what actually he will do if he knows every blog we have ?
    thank you in advance...

aminfortuna, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  2. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what he could do, if anything. But I'd say he's not worth your time if he wants all your blogs. Don't give them to him, no matter what. Not only is it silly, but it's too risky. Maybe in the future you can give them to him. But just tell him you would like to start out with one blog. After you do that, and you gain some trust, then give him your other blogs.

businessman413, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  3. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    Selling links is a black-hat technique. It's unethical and it will get you banned by google. Don't do it.

And by all means, don't come here posting about doing it. This is a public forum. Anyone on the internet can read it. Now, everyone on the internet, including google, has access to the fact that you're selling links, and they know it's you, because you're linking to your sites in your signature.

cazort, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  4. hell0world

hell0world Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, he might wanna to make sure if you link the each niche together. and how you put those site such as on the same hosting via different IP or on the same IP at all. maybe he wanna learn your niche-blog modern.
    Finally, he wanna know how many blog you have only.
    Who know...
    why don't you ask him directly?

As of selling link, yes! Google treats it as black-hat! So that it has been avoided. However, it is okay if you add nofollow ATTR on the link tag. Since you are selling traffic instead of PR! Advertisement is a big game on the internet no matter if there is search engine!

hell0world, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  5. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is definitely legit if you are adding a nofollow attribute and treating it as an advertisement. However, most people doing this talk about selling advertisements rather than selling links. Be careful about what language you use, or people may misunderstand you!

I also want to add that even if you add a nofollow attribute, if you attempt to make the link look "natural", it will be frowned upon by webmasters, especially those who run the sites that have the greatest editorial integrity (and these are the ones you care about most, as their sites typically have the highest traffic and pagerank). Webmasters like sites that select based on editorial choice alone, and clearly identify paid advertisements.

cazort, Jan 3, 2011 IP