1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why The Digg Shout Is Not Good Advertising

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by kkrizka, Oct 17, 2007.

Ever since Digg announced the recent changes to their website, people have been leveraging one of its features, the shout, to spam other users. The situation is so out of control that even my old account, that has been banned, receives around 5 shouts from all my friends every day. For some time, I also though that this is a great technique to promote my stories, but I was terribly wrong.

As you can see, my stories receive a lot of diggs, however they are never popular. This is because Digg uses an algorithm that looks at both diggs and buries. That’s right, if people think that your story is spam, then they will bury it.

Read more at: http://www.krizka.net/2007/10/17/why-the-digg-shout-is-not-good-adverising/

kkrizka, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    akoj likes this.
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

Although there has been some who have had success, short-term success, with Digg, it is overrated.

That's not to say to not try it. Just don't hold your breath.

Perry Rose, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  3. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    The new Digg seems to be having both lovers and haters now with the change in policy. Read the threads in this forum and you will realize that many accounts, even reputable ones are getting banned for the slightest reasons.

My advice is to thread carefully and read their TOS and understand it well.

homebizbuilder, Oct 17, 2007 IP