1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Wouldn't I Use a CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Raiko, Oct 31, 2008.

I want to develop a few sites that will have quite a bit of content. I'm not sure whether I want to build a regular HTML site or use a CMS like Drupal, Wordpress etc.

I have a decent idea of why I would want to use a CMS but are there reasons why I wouldn't want to use one and stick with a static page instead?

Raiko, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    As your words "will have quite a bit of content", you should use a CMS .
    It is hard for you to manage the content without a CMS .

justinlorder, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  3. Mojave

Mojave Peon

Best Answers:
    CMS sites just take a bit longer to setup, but is well worth it over time with all the updates.

Mojave, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  4. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    I can think of lots of reasons not to use wordpress.

Easily hacked; unreliable code with each new update having its own problems; having to update the version you're using every few months; comments can be a pain in the butt to manage even with plugins that delete spam.

Also you can add an rss feed page to your normal html site and have the same benefits of blogging without dealing with comments from users. GOogle favors sites with a feed but you don't have to have a wordpress or traditional blog platform to have a feed.

Dan

dangregory, Nov 3, 2008 IP