1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why you must make deals regardless of what the website says!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by newsguy, Nov 23, 2004.

I had an experience recently that taught me not to be afraid of making deals for services on the internet. I thought others would benefit from it and so wanted to share it here.

When I first created my AdSense products I did not have an affiliate program. But I received numerous requests from visitors asking how they could resell the product for me, and because of their inquiries I setup an affiliate program. Six months and thousands and thousands of dollars later, I'm very glad I listened!

Now, a few weeks ago I went looking for a professional copywriter to rework my sales copy and increase my conversion rate. I knew there was much that could be done, and I knew I wasn't succeeding at doing it, so I thought I'd bring in a professional.

What I did not realize at the time was how expensive a professional sales copywriter is! The ones I found with samples I liked charged thousands per sales letter--and I needed three.

Before learning that webmasters and internet professionals are sometimes willing to swing deals, I would have walked away and sighed and figured that I'd just have to learn how to do it myself. But I had learned a thing or two from the fact that I listened to my visitors--maybe one of the copywriters I emailed would listen to me.

In fact, one of the writers I contacted called me to talk about the site. When I told him that I was not prepared to pay thousands up front but would be willing to make a deal with him--he said "thanks, but no thanks". He did, however, pass me on to another copywriter who does just that.

And he did! For a few hundred up front I was able to setup a deal where he would rewrite all of the sales copy, tweak it to improve performance over time and write autoresponder-based lessons to help further sales. The new sales copy will go into effect Dec 1, and based on his samples I am confident that my sales will get a real boost.

So the short of it is this: don't give up because the website has a pricetag on it that you can't pay. Try and work a deal--sometimes people like me and my hired copywriter are willing to comply!

newsguy, Nov 23, 2004 IP