1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by trswebmaster, Jul 18, 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I'm really not trying to sales pitch or anything but I've had a lot of great feedback from the community overall of how folks like my site and my ease of navigation and all of that other good stuff. The question is, can anyone offer me some advice on why anyone isn't purchasing anything from the site? I have really competitive pricing and a secure checkout and an amazing selection of gear. So what gives? Suggestions? Thanks!

Greg Priebe

trswebmaster, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  2. travelguides

travelguides Peon

Best Answers:
    If you've only just started the site, there's probably nothing to worry about. It takes time for an online store to gain the confidence of its visitors. I mean it's not amazon or ebay, right? Give it some time and continue to promote the site as best as you can and you're sure to get the desired results pretty soon.

BTW, have you checked your site's stats to see how many hits it's been getting? Could it be that the site, despite putting on offer items at competitive prices, is just not generating too much traffic? You'll need to create lots of backlinks and do a lot of SEO work to make sure your site gets a good page rank with the search engines in order to look credible to would-be shoppers. Also, as I don't know what you're selling, have you researched your target market to see what the trends are in terms of people purchasing the stuff you've put on sale on your site?

travelguides, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  3. lisaoliver

lisaoliver Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you done much in the way of determining whether or not there is a buying market for your products? What I mean is for example last year i was promoting two ebooks in the "ghost hunting" niche and the keywords I were targeting had high search counts. But what i was finding was that most people in that niche were interested in free information and so my marketing efforts (such as articles, squidoo lenses and hubpages) all got huge traffic figures but I didn't make a single sale. So that would be the first thing to find out. The second thing you might want to look at is whether or not the traffic you are getting is targeted - you might want to include a couple of additional items in your traffic generation methods such as article or video marketing so that you will know that the visits you are getting are people who have a genuine interest in what you are selling.
    Best wishes
    Lisa

lisaoliver, Jul 26, 2010 IP