1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wierd question about Emailing new users that sign up to your website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MitchHoward, Aug 6, 2010.

I don't even really know if I posted this in the right section. But here is my senario...

I have a site that users are able to register to. This site is a script, Not WP CMS or anything like that. It just has a basic admin panel to keep track of varios site statistics...

My question is...

How can I set something up to were when a user registers to the site that I can automatically send them a greeting message to their email. Or even something that collects their email upon signup and saves it to a DB or something like that.

Because the problem I'm running in to is, People are registering for this site, and at first it was only a few people per day, and I was just manually adding their email to my address book and sending out a personal greeting to them. But now theres 20+ people registering for the site every day, I can't keep up with the rate anymore.

I know there has to be SOMETHING out there that can make this easier. there is nothing in the script to were i can import or export any data like email addresses, usernames... anything. So i have been having to do it all manually. I would like to find a way to automate it to were when someone signs up their email address is automatically added to my contacts list so I can update them every so often.

If you know something that could help me please let me know

Regards,

Mitch

MitchHoward, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  2. 100lbsplus

100lbsplus Guest

Best Answers:
    Was looking around and saw your post thought I would help you. Are you mabye looking to script PHP? Here is a video that will show you how to do it! I love this guy he always helps me out..

www.100lbsplus.com is my webpage when people subscribe it shoots me an email.. than i have other scripts than will either process or email them back!

this could get you buy for now.... until you can script it out to shoot an email back to them (which is possible but look for a different Video)

Hopefully this gets you on the right track buddy!

- Kyle

100lbsplus, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. 100lbsplus

100lbsplus Guest

Best Answers:
    crap i cant link it email me at support@100lbsplus.com and i will send u the link

100lbsplus, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  4. GIF

GIF Peon

Best Answers:
    Use Aweber. It will solve all of your problems.

GIF, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. cthemarketer

cthemarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Aweber works very well for me and you can download your subscribers into a excel database

cthemarketer, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  6. MitchHoward

MitchHoward Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes but Aweber is $20/month isnt it?

MitchHoward, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  7. 100lbsplus

100lbsplus Guest

Best Answers:
    Have not gotten an email from you yet. I have a free way that is VERY simple mabye a 15 minute set up to get your email situation corrected... u need to email me though at support@100lbsplus.com or kohatsu33@hotmail.com I am not going to sell ur info i want to help u man

100lbsplus, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  8. Assasin

Assasin Peon

Best Answers:
    Aweber is a nice one but it'll ask money for it.

Assasin, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  9. MitchHoward

MitchHoward Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will email you later tonight. we can get things squared away! Thanks

MitchHoward, Aug 8, 2010 IP