1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wiki systems

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Jon12345, Jun 19, 2007.

I am thinking about revamping a site of mine and wondered what people think of basing it around a wiki concept. As I understand it, the whole concept of a wiki style site is that the users create most of the content.

Let us take an example. Say the site was going to be about Microsoft Excel, where you could get technical support, search for tips, discussion forum etc. Turning that into a wiki style site would help the users to create the site content so it becomes increasingly usable.

What do you think of this idea if I already had a site on Microsoft Excel and wanted to revamp it? What software would you use to do this wiki thing?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon12345, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  2. majohnst

majohnst Peon

Best Answers:
    I like dokuwiki, http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

Their system is pretty easy to setup. It doesn't use a database. I also looked at MediaWiki, the software that runs Wikipedia, and it just looked overwhelming.

majohnst, Jun 19, 2007 IP