1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will a Good Business directory work earn good money ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FireStorM, Apr 10, 2014.

Hello, I am planning to start a good business directory for my country .. i already have good followers and now want to add a business directory to it .. is there good money in it ? what is the best wordpress script i can use for a business directory ? i am confused between three good themes

FireStorM, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  2. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directories have many monetary options. You can charge users for listings and upgrades, sell ad space, etc. So it has great earnings potential.

If you want to build a directory use OsClass instead of WordPress, trust me it will be less of a headache.

winnerdomains, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll second the opinion that WP doesn't work well for directories. I'd go for a dedicated script like phpLD or something. The earning potential is the same as for any service, really: if you have people who want it, it will earn!

TIEro, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  4. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    phpLD is the best one to use for a directory

Google has done a lot of damage to the directory industry though. Generic directory isn't a great business plan anymore, but if you make a niche business directory that might work well.

A good idea would be: A directory of all the wedding planners in your country
    A bad idea would be: A directory of every single business of any type

Try to find an industry that doesn't already have an existing directory that everyone uses.

I like phpLD because it lets you do things like ratings, reviews, articles, and their company offers pretty good support for their customers.

petertdavis, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  5. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    It might work out okay for more specific ones as you mentioned. It's even better when they're localized. However, there just seems to be so many out there already.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 12, 2014 IP