1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will a non-monetized site listed as a Google News source really sell?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Srirangan, Nov 25, 2010.

I have a website that is listed as a Google news source. It has a PageRank of 3.

Monetization is not the strong point of this site. I've sold text link ads which make close to $100 a month and since last week I tried affiliate sales and that's gotten me $120. Nothing substantial from Google Adsense either.

This website was largely abandoned by me for close to three years but I've been working on it for a few days now (less than a week). Yes, despite the abandoning it is still a Google news source and new stories show up on Google news.

Now I'm only looking to sell this to fund my new business. I'm looking at a five-figure range to sell this site.

Is it ready? Should I try my luck selling it? Or should I invest more efforts in this and wait till a certain revenue benchmark before I can hope to sell it?

If you're going to advise me to wait, according to you what is the revenue threshold I must break in order to make a $10K-$20K sale?

Thanks,

Srirangan, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  2. angelfresh89

angelfresh89 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you look to sell at 10-20 kyou should atleast be making a few thousand a month revenue.

angelfresh89, Nov 27, 2010 IP