1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will this kind of social network work for me

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by praveenram05, Sep 26, 2009.

If i start a social network that has the feature of orkut(including file sharing),facebook,twitter,blogger.Will it be a good idea.Say your opnions.
    Thanks in advance .

praveenram05, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. socialsite

socialsite Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it all depends on how your format is for your social site. It still boggles my mind on how popular twitter is when instant messaging has been out for many years already from yahoo and others. So who knows how these morons will react to certain things. They act like twitter is such a brand new invention, like it's the best thing since sliced bread when it's already been around for many years now..What's even worse is that I know that eventually I will also need to still get a twitter account because of the fact that there are so many morons on it and it can make me a lot of money from my programs.

socialsite, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  3. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    innovation is the key ... and tapping the right niche

n3o, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  4. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea but very difficult to implement.

facebookapp, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  5. Ashley1

Ashley1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its a good idea if you are really implementing it then I am looking forward do this site ........

Ashley1, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  6. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Networking of course is in its infancy, at least to web site traffic generators, so what are the so far under-penetrated benefits of social networking?

Lower Costs

It is significantly cheaper to employ online social networking strategies than to pay for advertising. When you social network, you can prescreen potential customers. You learn what your prospects like and what they don’t. That personal relationship you gain when you connect with your potential customer is more valuable than what you would get had you advertised. Advertising is impersonal: the “one size fits all” concept does not seem to work anymore.

Credibility and Trust

Connecting with prospects on a personal level builds trust and credibility. A general rule of thumb is to offer your services, expertise or help before you ask for it. It is acceptable to promote your services when asked. If you’re not careful, your attempts could be considered spam. Instead, wait for the opportunities to present themselves instead of forcing a situation.

It’s Who You Know

When you socialize, you meet others who know others. How are you going to meet the president of a large corporation? You start by talking to his friends. You ask your associates if they know someone who is connected with him And on and on.

Social networking relationships are supposed to benefit both parties. Never take more than you give. When the opportunity presents itself, don’t be afraid to ask your contact to introduce you to a prospect. The old saying rings true: it’s not what you know; it’s who you know.

There are many reasons to employ social networking as a marketing tactic. Ensure that you have extra time to spend. While it’s true that the upfront costs are less, this method takes up a lot of time in research and building relationships.

Candise, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  7. l.sivakumar

l.sivakumar Peon

Best Answers:
    Wonderful Idea but it's too difficult to implement it.

l.sivakumar, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  8. junosama

junosama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social networks are very hard to start. Its prob easier to start a niche social network if not ur general social network has to be top-notch to even stand a chance at competing with the big guys and u need a lot of money for marketing.

junosama, Oct 3, 2009 IP