1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows ME: Worse than we thought?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by minstrel, Apr 10, 2005.

I don't often trash Microsoft, as you know, but even I will admit that Windows ME was a dog. The only worse idea Microsoft has was Microsoft Bob, or whatever that was called.

But I just spotted this headline... I mean, we knew Windows ME was a bad idea but it's worse than we thought...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

minstrel, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I can understand that Minstrel, because I just had mine stolen by Microsoft also when 3 years of work was semi-lost to a downloading conflict as we have discussed :p

Without that data on that hard drive I am "Brain Dead" and have become a zombie, I am hoping to recover my brain with data recovery software :D

anthonycea, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Vitamin B12 and Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids, Anthony... lots of fish, whole grains, broccoli, that sort of thing. You'll have your brain back in no time. You were lucky you were running XP.

Of course, the bad news is that you'll have to lay off the ale until your brain heals :eek:

4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    In actuallity, it was a great idea. It gobbled up more cash before y2k. Win98SE was a better OS, so I'm guessing that ME was a relabeled 98 version.

They made some bucks, especially from the corporate types.

Go M$!

;)

TommyD, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  5. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read somewhere (don't have the link now) that microsoft executives even says ME as a toy OS. Worth for nothing.

I have installed ME a total of 5 times in my life and the installation never ended more than a week. Then I moved back to win 98. But Win 2000 changed all that, and Xp even better.(hmm.. takes lots of memory than 2000)

Tuning, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes -- Windows ME was built on the Windows 95/98 platform with a few features that foreshadowed Windows XP. Windows 2000 and Xp were extensions of the NT platform which was always more stable.