1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Winning on Tumblr for My Politics Forum

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by adamx8, Oct 4, 2013.

I have been playing around with social networks lately to see if I can drive traffic from them or at least build an audience. I wanted to share some short-term success about Tumblr. I decided to open a Tumblr for my forum and integrate dlvr.it with the posts we create and the content we manually add to the Tumblr account as well. It's been a very fun 6 weeks since we started it.

I started the page around the 16th of August and my goal was to follow 500 people posting about politics since that is what my forum is about. Why 500? I don't know, just seemed like a big enough number to start with, but it's not easy. I used all the keywords I could think of to find that many. I think in the end I managed 450. I know a lot of them aren't going to follow me back so I had to go big upfront and shed the weight later.

I got about 75 followers at this point, 6 weeks later, but those followers are awesome! They like and reblog a good percentage of my stuff and even check out my forum when topics of interest come. In 6 weeks and not actively being engaged I have managed 203 posts, 71 followers as of right now (I lost a few), and have driven 102 visits from Tumblr out of a total of 2181 visits to my brand new forum.

Those might look like small numbers but if you start multiplying the effort, you can see Tumblr can be a very awesome traffic source. As I said, I haven't been super active and this was more of a test. I would highly recommend a Tumblr addition to you social network portfolio. If you want to check out the forum I am working with using Tumblr you can go to my political forum.

adamx8, Oct 4, 2013 IP