1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress assistance - displaying post excerpts.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by pathfinder_05, Apr 4, 2011.

Hi guys,

On my wordpress blog I have a static front page and I want to display excerpts from ten of the most recent posts within a certain category. I also want images, displayed next to them.

If I knew where to start maybe I could have a go - do I start with custom fields?

Thanks for the help.

pathfinder_05, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  2. Nick_Browne

Nick_Browne Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Pathfinder_05,

Yes, you are correct, you may want to start with the custom fields where you will need to put the link of the image you want to be shown. Now for the excerpt, is this something unique compared to the main content of the post? Most plugins simply gets the first 100 words of the post and to give a preview or excerpt of the post.

My suggestion is to have 2 custom fields. One for the image you want to be displayed for that post and another one for the excerpt of the post (if its different from the post content).

To display these, it may require manually going to the code and alter the way it displays the content.

Nick_Browne, Apr 5, 2011 IP