1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress: design by ...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jamespv85, Sep 9, 2009.

Would it be a big No - no for you to take out those "design by" at the bottom of wordpress themes?

I mean it's free an all, but designer at least should get something out of it, he/she's not asking for anything in return anyway.

What do you think?

jamespv85, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the designer's site for info about this. When it comes to premium WP themes, you will almost always have to pay for a branding-free option. Not like they can do anything about it if you don't, though :D

Pixelrage, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    would it be a problem for us to copy your entire site and build backlinks to out rank you?

those designers pay good money, or put their time into those styles, it's best to leave the links, but you do what you want :)

Brandon Sheley, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  4. jamespv85

jamespv85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it's just that I've seen blogs that I know are wordpress because of the theme, and the themes used are free. But at the bottom of the page, the designer's name is gone. :)

jamespv85, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  5. dohno

dohno Peon

Best Answers:
    it all depends on the license that the designer put on it. if you make enough changes to the theme some designers are fine with you removing the 'made by' link, but they usually request that you keep the credit in the css file.

dohno, Sep 11, 2009 IP