1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress for pro sites

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by marc21, May 14, 2010.

hey guys i have seen alot of companies using WP platform for their pro, sites,
    any one else seen this, and what are your views,
    peeps say that word press is better for PR and SEO and that is why alot of companies are using it now,
    would you recommend using WP for a Corporate or pro site

marc21, May 14, 2010 IP
  2. blade007

blade007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about Wordpress. For me, it's not a stable platform that I can put in serious sites. Updates to the system are all the time, and security updates at that. It's not as fast as something like MODx either. For me the only advantage of Wordpress is that it's got the ping built-in when you add a new post. It's not an amazing CMS. It's a great blog with CMS capability. Supposedly they are moving it more to CMS but those constant revisions are a worry for a professional level product.

blade007, May 18, 2010 IP
  3. sanyi007

sanyi007 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is good to use it as a pro site, it is simple, easily understandable and you can develop it even to a cms with user plugins or your own written plugins.
    It can handle much traffic with great cache plugins, and there are a lot of optimization guides on wordpress, so you can read a lot about the system.
    It is user friendly, and can be optimized for any kind of traffic.

I totally can recommend it for Corporate/Pro sites. Good luck with it!

sanyi007, May 19, 2010 IP
  4. autotecj123

autotecj123 Peon

Best Answers:
    you will never find a better platform. weather it be pro or just blog. You and do just about anything with wordpress.

autotecj123, May 19, 2010 IP
  5. mspider

mspider Guest

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best cmc for me. It simple, easy to manage and secure. Many great companies ansd co. use it fro pro site like u said!

mspider, May 20, 2010 IP
  6. Sani Rai

Sani Rai Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress..no doubt....yahoo blogs is one using wp..

Sani Rai, May 21, 2010 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is a great platform if you know how to use it properly, customize it to suite your needs, and how to secure it...just like any other publishing platform. Anything can be a pain if you don't know what you are doing.

...and many Fortune 500 companies agree:
    http://en.wordpress.com/notable-users/

If it's good enough for people at Harvard Law, Stanford, M.I.T, Duke University and NASA, then it's good enough for me.

hmansfield, May 23, 2010 IP