1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Joomla blog CMS eCommerce Open Source Software

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by torbatt, Apr 2, 2012.

I am a newbie in Open source software like for blog Wordpress and CMS Joomla

My Question is can we remove the footer link form our website (Powered by Wordprees)

Please tell me something more about Open source softwares like above

My another question is How this wordpress or joomla does earn money to run the organization?

torbatt, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  2. snowelephant

snowelephant Peon

Best Answers:
    If you go into the Wordpress control panel, there is a section to edit the theme. It lets you look through all the theme files - usually there is a footer.php, but it depends on your theme. If you look through the files for that text, you can just remove it and save the file.

My understanding is that Wordpress makes money by putting adsense on pages on the freely hosted blogs, for visitors who find those pages on search engines. I'm not sure about Joomla, but it is also common for CMS companies to insert affiliate links (Pinterest and DuckDucKGo do this), or to sell consulting services.

snowelephant, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  3. torbatt

torbatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your post
    is it allowed to remove a link from wordpress in terms of license or legal aspect

torbatt, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  4. denisjames

denisjames Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the suggestion

denisjames, Apr 7, 2012 IP