1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress management question-default plugins with new install

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by localgoogleguru, Jan 13, 2013.

Got a WordPress management question (assuming there are WordPress experts here in this group): I know it's a good idea to delete the default themes and unused themes once you've chosen to use one, and it's a good idea to remove unused plugins (the Godaddy attack of 2009 or 2010 was an exploit from unused plugins)

All wp installs come with Hello Dolly and Jetpack

is there any reason to keep either of those?

1. What function does Hello Dolly contribute to a small business website?

• If we use some other plugin for social sharing and we use the Yoast SEO plugin (I prefer it to AllInOne SEO) what functions does the Jetpack offer that Yoast's SEO doesn't do better?

localgoogleguru, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  2. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jetpack is an advance tracking plugin for seeing where your traffic comes from. I like it because it shows your traffic stats in your dashboard... I install it on all my blogs...

Yoast SEO (another fav of mines) is completely different from Jetpack. Those SEO plugins are strictly for ranking in google. Once you rank in google, you get traffic which you'll be able to track with Jetpack...

That hello Dolly is the biggest waste of space ever. I always delete it from my blogs.

Hope that helps

DennisKnows, Jan 13, 2013 IP