1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress plugin - Auto submit to social engines

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by timosai, Oct 18, 2009.

Excluding captchas etc, is there any plugin that can automatically submit new posts to social media pages like digg etc?
    or even a more sped up system to rapid-fire submitting new posts to social media pages? at the moment i just use each of the "share-this" buttons on the post page after i publish, which isn't very time friendly when i can do 10 posts a day on one blog.

timosai, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  2. Phooey

Phooey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I doubt you'd want to auto-submit every post you made to a long list of social networking sites. You'd get banned from a majority of them in no time.

Phooey, Oct 18, 2009 IP
    rocco2004 likes this.
  3. timosai

timosai Active Member

Best Answers:
    each submission is unique content, so i'm not really worried about that.
    it can be 10 posts in a day, but not each day of the week, but the process of doing it manually, takes more time than creating the content itself.
    So i felt that surely there would be a solution to automate or semi-automate the process.

timosai, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  4. rocco2004

rocco2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that every social bookmark site has own way to determine if you are using automatic tools to submit posts. For example see the Terms of services from Digg.com:

with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission

Of course you can always try but keep in mind that if they put your domain in the banned list you won't be able to submit any posts from your site.
    I've seen some sites on the web that claim provide solutions to auto submit for social media. If you ever try to use any of them you will need somebody to evaluate them from programmatic prospective in case they don't come from reliable source. Just think if the scripts somehow fails and will try to submit the same posts many times - then you site can get banned easily withing hours.

rocco2004, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  5. tjdaz

tjdaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Not automatically. You'd want a software such as Bookmarking Demon for something like this.

tjdaz, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. nichoLora

nichoLora Peon

Best Answers:
    Or there is WP plugin, called Sociable

nichoLora, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. AxionGroup

AxionGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested in a social submission wordpress plugin for the more popular social bookmarking sites. If there is interest I would consider building one. What sites would you like to see? What features?

If you have a wordpress website you should check out the Status Updater plugin. It allows you to tweet and update facebook with your blog posts automatically. Combining this plugin with a whole bunch of time stamped content is a great way to automate contributions to social sites.

AxionGroup, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  8. marco23554

marco23554 Peon

Best Answers:
    marco23554, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  9. omeoo

omeoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sociable is not automatic though, you need to click to post.. i think this is a good way rather than every post will be automatically add in to social sites.

omeoo, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  10. Rafael_Osorio

Rafael_Osorio Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good onlywire?

Rafael_Osorio, Nov 3, 2012 IP