1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress post limit.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hedavies, Jan 9, 2011.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I have an article site, built on wordpress, but the number of posts is stuck on around 37,000. New articles are being posted but the post count stays on 37,000. Does this mean that the old posts are being deleted to make room for the new ones?

Also is there any way of lifting the limit?

Thanks for your time!

Regards.

hedavies, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-limit-to-number-of-posts-wp-can-handle

DON.

deluxdon, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  3. hedavies

hedavies Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks DON!

It says there that :

"Support for large databases. We use MySQL Server with databases that contain 50 million records. We also know of users who use MySQL Server with 200,000 tables and about 5,000,000,000 rows."

If this is true, why do you think my post count is stuck at 37,000? I don't get any errors when new articles are submitted.

Thanks again...

hedavies, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your host has a limit on MySQL. Or maybe there is something wrong with the function that is reporting the total post count.

Have you gone to the last page of your post index to verify that all of your posts are still there?

Dodger, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably contact the host provider for MySQL, and possible counting error in WP Support. I probably should have suggested doing that previously. These kind of questions intrigue me, so I would like to know what is what.

Dodger, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  6. hedavies

hedavies Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies!

I contacted hostgator to ask if they had a limit in place, they told me that it was wordpress who have a limit (but they couldn't say the exact number). However, the new articles are now being counted for some reason and I have over 40,000 showing. Tis strange because for 2 weeks the post count was stuck at 37,000 even though I had about 500 - 1000 articles being submitted each day.

So I'm still not really sure why it happened but everything is fine now.

Thanks again for all the advice!

hedavies, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  7. comparenow

comparenow Peon

Best Answers:
    Check if your MySQL database is limited in size.

comparenow, Feb 12, 2011 IP