1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress redirection problem

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hasmat, Feb 9, 2010.

I have installed wordpress in one of my site. Now It shows as mysite.com/wordpress. But when i enter into mysite.com, it shows a directory. Can u help me how can i find my homepage on mysite.com?

hasmat, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  2. St-evo

St-evo Guest

Best Answers:
    Unless you have access to the vhost it is better to put the wordpress content in the home directory (/srv/www/) but also you can look into url masking

St-evo, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you install into a folder you leave nothing at the root level. So there is no point in doing that unless you want to make WordPress an extension (i.e. Just an add on blog). If you want your WordPress installation to be your Website I would suggest this simple trick.

Just move everything in your folder to the root level. In cPanel you can basically drag and drop. Then go back to your config.php and wpsettings.php files have the correct path. You may not have to change anything in config.php

Many hosts will actually do this for you if you send a support ticket and ask them.

Or you could always reinstall everything.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 10, 2010 IP