1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Temp Folder Issue [Warning: touch() [function.touch]:]

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by BuxP, Aug 6, 2011.

Code (markup):
    Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.2.1-partial-0.zip…

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /wordpress-3.tmp because Permission denied in /home/techfrea/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 177

Warning: unlink(/wordpress-3.tmp) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/techfrea/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 489

Download failed.: Destination directory for file streaming does not exist or is not writable. Installation Failed

I keep getting this error. It has something to do with the temp folder, but I can't seem to fix it. I searched on google: http://craiglayne.com/blog/2011/04/...g-touch-function-touch-unable-to-create-file/

But it didn't help me either. I'll pay someone to fix this. PM me or reply here... 

BuxP, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  2. Marie-Aude

Marie-Aude Member

Best Answers:
    No need to pay for that... you just need to check the permissions for your repertories and files in your wordpress installation. They should be 755 recursive (means apply to subfolders and so on)

Marie-Aude, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  3. BuxP

BuxP Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are... That's why I don't know whats wrong :(

BuxP, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  4. linc

linc Member

Best Answers:
    are you trying the auto-upgrade? Have you tried to upgrade it manually by uploading those files to hosting space?

linc, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  5. BuxP

BuxP Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Manual installation works but I want automatic installation to get working because I have plenty of plugins... Thanks for the suggestion though!

BuxP, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  6. DreamBoy

DreamBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    try chmod to 777

DreamBoy, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  7. BuxP

BuxP Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Read the first reply: All permissions have been set correctly :(

BuxP, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  8. laway9

laway9 Peon

Best Answers:
    My apologies for bumping an "old" post but I'm currently experiencing this issue as well. Was any resolution discovered? I've tried setting my permissions from 755 to 777 as well, no joy. Also I've verified that my site is not in any PHP safe mode.

laway9, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  9. laway9

laway9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: I managed to resolve the issue by cutting the entire wordpress directory tree and moving it to another directory in the root. I then brought it back to the original location. Maybe the permissions just needed to be "reset" from a file structure point of view? I don't know for sure, I hope this will help others with this issue as its a very simple way to fix an apparently stubborn problem. :)

laway9, Oct 27, 2011 IP